Shinbanpo Church aims to be a missionary-oriented church where Christians can dedicate their service and grow in Christ. We pursue the goal creating an ideal church, resembling both the early Jerusalem church (Acts 2:37-47) and Antioch church (Acts11:19-26,13:1-3). With this aim and vision, it was agreed that a new church would help accomplish this goal.
▶ Vision : A church fully devoted to missionary work
The church is a community that strives for God’s promised land. The construction of more advanced facilities will help create a stronger and healthier community. It will not only be the place for service, but also a place to educate our children, share fellowship with our sisters & brothers in God, and do missionary work.
Jesus Christ commissioned all Christians to preach the Gospel and show others the way to God’s salvation. Missionary work has been a part of our history and continues today. Domestically, we evangelize through community gospel groups to those people who might not have the opportunity to hear the Word of God: those in rural communities, military, prisons, campuses, and hospitals. There is a great need overseas as well.
We have sent over 89 missionaries to foreign countries(35 missionaries of them are currently in the filed). They serve God by bringing Muslim, Communist, Hindu and Buddhist people to Christ.
▶ Ultimate Goal : “Missionary Church Planting” Ministry
Shinbanpo Church’s ultimate goal.
There are many churches
that wish to do Mission ministry properly.
However, in many cases, they do not know
how to start and do mission ministry.
Shinbanpo Church is trying to be the answer
for that difficulty.
While we mobilize our church
to be missionary church,
we help and challenge other churches
in Korea and other countries
to be missionary churches.
▶ Goals of the Missions
◦ All members of our church shall live as “World Christians” to witness to others by demonstrating our faith day-to-day.
◦ We will mobilize 100 praying missionaries in every Saturday Missionary Meeting.
◦ We will send 100 missionaries (and families) from our church.
◦ We will support over 100 missionaries from other churches or missions agencies.
◦ We will construct a building mission ministries.
◦ Support for international mission ministry will be 40% of the annual budget.
◦ We will provide the necessary support to build a church on the mission field every year.
The evangelism focus will be “la Francphonie” and unreached people in the 10/40 window area.
▶ Current Status of Missionaries
◦ 35 Missionaries from Our Church in Central, South East, East Asia Europe and Africa
◦ 63 Missionaries from Other Churches in all nations through the world
◦ 29 Mission Agencies Supported
(OM, WEC, OMF, Open Doors, CCMF, GMP, GMS, AIM, Mission Korea and 20 others)
▶ Types of Missions Ministries
2. Short Term Missionaries
3. Summer Mission Trips
4. Senior Mission
5. Local Mission Trips in Korea
6. Mission Conferences to support missionary training
7. Mini Missions Courses
(6 weeks for Basic Course / 6 weeks for Upper Course)
▶ Supporting Activities
2. Weekly Missions Prayer: Wednesday 11:00am, 7:30pm
3. Daily Mission Prayer: Everyday 5am, 6am
with Monthly Missions Prayer Booklet
4. Financial support via mission agencies or support coordinators
5. Fellowship material sent to missionaries: sermon CDs, books,newspapers, etc…
The Support Coordinators consist of church members serving certain particular missionaries. This system helps the church and missionaries at the same time in a sense of communication and prayers updated in detail.
Therefor, the functions of Support Coordinators are:
1. updating prayers just in case the church might miss.
2. caring for their status such as financial issues, health care, children care, travelling abroad and so on.
3. supporting and considering general issues happening to missionaries.